The Department of Ophthalmology provides services for effective diagnosis, treatment and research in eye diseases and disorders. It aims to provide good quality patient care to all sections of the society along with teaching and hands on training of undergraduate students (and postgraduate students in the near future).Regular eye camps are conducted to serve the people of the surrounding villages. Schools in the vicinity are being visited to conduct eye screening camps and the children are referred to our centre appropriately. The Department currently provides Outpatient services, O.T. services and In patient services.
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
The out patient department is well equipped and has the following facilities,
- Auto Refractometer
- Slit lamp digital imaging system
- Corneal topographer
- Humphrey Visual field analyser
- Zeiss YAG laser
- GREEN laser
- Zeiss Fundus imaging with FFA
Operation Theatre Services
There are separate theatres for major and minor procedures.
Anterior segment surgeries are being performed regularly including,
- State of art phacoemulsification with foldable intra ocular lens
- Glaucoma surgeries
- Eyelid and lacrimal sac surgeries
- Squint surgeries
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
This is a thirty bedded ward. Including male and female general wards, septic wards and post op wards.
[wc_tab title=”HOD Profile”]
- MBBS- Stanley Medical College
- DO-Regional Institute of Ophthalmology and Government Ophthalmic Hospital (MMC)
- MS-Regional Institute of Ophthalmology and Government Ophthalmic Hospital (MMC)
- Has underwent Special training in laser,FFA,ERG,EOG,Ultrasound at SankaraNethralaya –Dr.Badrinath
- 30 Years of Under Graduate and Post Graduate Teaching Experience.
- Worked as a Professor and HOD in Department of Ophthalmology at Vellore Medical College , Chengalpat Medical College, Madras Medical College, Stanley medical College,SRM Medical College andBalaji Medical College.
- Project Director Incharge in District Blindess Control Society.
- Examiner in various medical colleges in Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Pudhuchery (Both MBBS and MS ophthalmology).
- Ophthalmology Question paper setter for various private medical colleges.
- TNOA Life Member
- AIOS Life Member
- IMA Life Member
- TambaramOpthalmic Society Member
- Ocular Fundus Workshop at Regional Insititue of Opthalmology
- CME on CONEAL BLINDNESS on the eve of “WORLD SIGHT DAY on 20thoctober 2016
- Academic Society Meet on Branch retinal vein occlusion 2 nd December 2016
Uvea& Retina International Conference September 2015