World COPD day was set up to raise awareness for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and improve care for sufferers all over the world. It is the 5th cause of death and will rank 3rd by 2030 according to WHO .
It is the most common chronic disease 3rd to cardiovascular diseases, cancer and before diabetes in terms of prevalence, incidence and mortality.
“Breathe in the knowledge”
This year’s theme emphasizes the meaningful actions patients can take to improve their respiratory health at any stage before or after a diagnosis of COPD.
- To educate people about the risk factors,symptoms and measures to prevent COPD.
- To provide health education about harmful effects of smoking and pollution .
UHTC Team :
- DR. S.M.Balaji
- DR. Greetha LMO,UHTC
- Mrs. Chandra MSW
- Karthika A
- Karthik raj
- Kiran Kumar S
- Nandhini R
Solid waste disposal management workers and family members between age group 18 to 60 Yrs
Total population : 50 (approx)
- Brief introduction about world copd day and reasons behind observation of this day – Dinesh
- Introduction to World COPD day 2016 and its theme – Karthika and Nisha
- Risk factors for COPD – Nandhini
- Syptoms suggestive of COPD and its diagnosis – Kiran Kumar and Boobalan
- Prevention and treatment of COPD – Karthik Raj and Aravind