[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
A LARGE SCALE (RBSK) RASHTRIYA BAL SWASTHYA KARYAKARAM – FIRST OF ITS KIND
Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) is an important initiative aiming at early identification and early intervention for children from birth to 18 years to cover 4 ‘D’s viz. Defects at birth, Deficiencies, Diseases, Development delays including disability.
- DR. GOWTHAM
- DR. J. JAI INDIA DEVI
- DR. HEMITA JOELINE
- DR. HARSHINI VAANAN
- DR. JAYKUMAR
- DR. JACQULINE- MEDICAL OFFICER
- MRS. Chandra (PHN, UHTC, Chromepet)
Target Population :
Students of PALLAVAPURAM GOVERNMENT HIGH SCHOOL 10TH & 12th STD (300 students were examined )
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
- NLEP – Leprosy Update
- International yoga day
- Organ donation day – RHTC
- Disabled persons – UHC
- Word Aids day – at RHTC
- World breast feeding awareness week – RHTC
- School health camp at RHTC and UHC
- Family Health survey – RHTC and UHC
- General health checkup.
- Height and Weight were recorded for assessing malnutrition
- Early detection and intervention of malnutrition- ROAD TO HEALTH
- Screening for nutritional deficiencies like – Anaemia, vitamin A deficiency, PEM
- Eye Examination, ENT Examination,
- Screening for cardio vascular and respiratory problems
- Skin lesions, Dental caries, Respiratory tract infections, children were identified and prescribed drugs.
- Children with Dental caries, Ear discharge and severe tonsillitis were referred to UHTC/ TMCH for further management.