DATE : 23/01/2017
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
To educate school children about dengue and typhoid fever.
RHTC TEAM :
- Dr. Sriram
- Dr. Umeshwari – Medical officer
- Kamalam – Medical Social Worker
- Dr. D. Josthna Preetha
- Dr. T. Joyce Magdalene
- Dr. Harshini Vanan
- Dr. Hemita Joeline
NO OF PARTICIPANTS: School students approx 30
1. Introduction and Signs & Symptoms of Typhoid Fever by Dr. hemita joeline
- Caused by the bacteria salmonella typhi
- Spread by feaco oral route
- Signs and symptoms:fever(step ladder), vomiting, diarrhea,abdominal pain, headache, nausea, rose spots, constipations.
2. Prevention and Control of Typhoid Fever by Dr. Harshini Vanan
- Drinking bottled water, boiled water.
- avoid street foods.
- Demonstration of hand washing techniques.
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
3. Introduction and Signs & Symtpoms of Dengue Fever by Dr. Joyce Magdalene
- Caused by flavivirus
- Spread by aedes mosquitoes
- Sign and symptoms: sudden raise in temperature, myalgia, joint pain, headache, petechiae, vomiting and pain during eye movement.
4. Prevention and Control of Dengue by Dr. Josthna Preetha
- Explain about breeding sites (bamboo sticks, waste plastic containers & bottles, water stagnant in coconut shell, leaking tap water)
- Prevention: mosquito repellants & coils, odomos creams, mosquito nets.
- Importance about papaya juice and nilavembu kashayam.