The medical education unit of Tagore medical college and Hospital was formed in 2010 with the Dean Dr.S.Shanta as its Chairman. Since then the MEU has actively participated in improving and reforming the medical education in the college.
The unit has dedicated faculty members who meet regularly to plan and implement various medical education activities.The minutes of these meetings are maintained with the members.
- To evaluate and promote quality of medical education.
- To equip the teaching staff with the necessary skills to undertake effectively their roles as medical teachers.
- Curriculum development for innovations in medical education
- To conduct research and provide scientifically sound information that advances and promotes medical education.
- To develop attitude and communication skills
- To nurture the careers of faculty members who wants to focus on educational scholarship and develop as future medical educationists.
[table id=310 /]
[table id=125 /]
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute Mci Nodal Centre For Faculty Development Attitude And Communication (At-Com) Module Sensitization Programme
[table id=126 /]
Faculty Development Revised Basic Course Workshop attended at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute MCI Nodal Centre
[table id=127 /]
Basic Course Work Shop conducted by Medical Education Unit
[table id=128 /]
CME program list
Clinical society meetings are conducted every first Thursday of every month.
Foundation course:is done every year for the first year students.
Interns orientation program: The Department of Medical education has been organizing the “ CRRI Orientation Program” for the interns.
Publications on Medical Education:
- Madasamy Balamurugan et al. Simulation exercise using cadavers to train Bone Marrow aspiration technique – Second year Undergraduate medical student’s perspective. International Journal of Current Research, 2015 Sep; 7(9); 20698-701.
- Madasamy Balamurugan et al. A Novel strategy for teaching Hematology to second year MBBS students by training interns as Standardized Patients. International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 17(3): 198-201.
- Madasamy Balamurugan et al. Open book examination as an effective tool for reviewing the subject and reinforcement of the concepts in medical education – IInd MBBS student’s perspective. International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 18(2): 281-285.
- Arumugam B, Nagalingam S. Career Guidance in Medical Education :Is it Mandatory? Int J Sci Stud 2015;3(7):1-2
- Balaji Arumugam & Saranya Nagalingam. VIVA VOCE Examinations- cursory and mysterious journey. International Journal of current Medical and Applied Sciences:2016, 9(3), 132-133.
- Arumugam B, Nagalingam S. Workshop: An alternative way of learning FOR Medical Graduates. Int J Med Res Rev 2015;3(2): 197-202, doi: 10.17511/ijmrr.2015.i2.035
- Balaji Arumugam & Saranya Nagalingam. Vertical Integration in Medical Education- Are we on right track? EBPS 2016, vol 3, 467-469.
- Arumugam Balaji and Nagalingam Saranya. A need for feedback….”Deeds do not aspire to ameliorate- Justify your deed”. JETHS Dec 2015, vol2.
- Dr.D.H.Gopalan, M.Vani, Dr. Beulah Edwin, Dr. Balaji Arumugam. Career Advice during Indian Medical Graduate Training- An urgent need. IESRJ April 2016. Vol 2. 9