[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
அமிழ்தினும் ஆற்ற இனிதேதம் மக்கள்
சிறுகை அளாவிய கூழ்.
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
“Than God’s ambrosia sweeter far the food before men laid
In which the little hands of children of their own have play’d.”
– Kural 1:7:4
We in paediatric department handle the health needs of the most precious treasures of every family, the future citizens of our world- CHILDREN. Children, who are not just ‘mini-adults’, need unique medical concern and here we ensure round the clock availability of pediatricians to do so.
Our Out- Patient Department functions daily to attend the children, where efficient triage is done to classify the children whether to provide treatment on Out-Patient or In-Patient basis. An evening clinic is run daily in favor of the working parents/ care-takers.
We have a well-equipped and maintained immunization cell, where-in vaccines as per the Indian National Immunization Schedule and IAP immunization schedule are available. Vaccination is done on all days.
All the deliveries- Normal and Caesarean- are attended by a pediatrician and the first breath of the newborn babies never go unwatched.
Completely equipped Pediatric wards, Fully functional Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units are available.
Every aspect of the paediatric health care, such as Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Neurology etc. is taken care of with the help of visiting specialists
Health camps in surrounding schools and villages are held at regular intervals.
We run Pediatric clinic every week at Chromepet Urban Health Centre and Kelambakkam Rural Health Centre attached to our institution.
Special clinics are run by the department on following days
[table id=153 /]
[wc_tab title=”HOD Profile“]
Dr.Jaishree Vasudevan, MD
Professor & Head
DEPARTMENT OF PAEDIATRICS
Tagore Medical College & Hospital.
[table id=157 /]
[table id=155 /]
[table id=156 /]
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
- TOT on facility based Newborn care by Health and Family welfare Training center. Trained more than 20 batches of doctors from various districts in Tamilnadu at IOG.
- Trainers course completed on “NAVJAAT SHISHU SURAKSHA KARYAKRAM” held by national institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi. Training imparted to 25 batches of staffs from all districts of Tamilnadu.
- Academic counselor for PGDMCH course by INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY.
- Trained in Newborn resuscitation (NALS)
- Trainer for IMNCI ( Integrated Management of Neonatal & Child hood illnesses)
- Recent Advances in NICU in a referral centre, July/August Vol. 6 No.4 in journals of paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Prevalence and referral rates in neonatal hearing screening program using two step hearing screening protocol in Chennai – A prospective study, 31st July 2015 in Indian Journal of paediatric Otorhinolaryngology.
- Survival outcome of infants in NICU – A Three year review, published in Volume 3 issue 9 September 2015 in journal of medical Science and Clinical Research.
[wc_tab title=”Activities “]
[table id=154 /]