Act of Ragging in any form is strictly Banned /Prohibited within or outside the College Campus.
The brochure/application form contains an undertaking to be given jointly by the Student and the Parent during the time of admission, stating that in case the applicant is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she has indulged in ragging, admission shall be refused or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution making them aware of the seriousness of the menace of Ragging.
Ragging Means –
- Any conduct whether by spoken or written words has the effect of harassing, teasing or treating with rudeness any other Student.
- Physical or psychological humiliation
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause Annoyance, Physical or Psychological harm to raise fear or shame embarrassing a Student
- Asking the Students to do any act or perform something which such Student will not carry out in the ordinary course, willingly.
- Conspiracy and Abetment to Ragging.
- Creating Public Nuisance.
- Violation of decency and morals.
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt.
- Wrongful restraint and confinement.
- Use of criminal forc.e
- Extortion ; Intimidation and trespass.
The Anti-Ragging Committee formed by the College shall implement the anti-ragging measures and redress the grievances of the Students if any.
[wc_toggle title=”CHAIRMAN AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE ANTI-RAGGING COMMITTEE” layout=”box”]
[table id=326 /]
TOLL FREE NUMBER : 1800 – 180 – 5522
Name : Dr.C.J.Maikandaan
Designation : Professor and HOD
Department : Psychiatry
Contact Number : 9445390157
Phone Number : 044-26560153
E-Mail – Id : email@example.com
TOLL FREE NUMBER : 1800 – 180 – 5522
[table id=97 /]
The Anti-Ragging squad is headed by Dr.Jaishree Vasudevan, Professor & HOD, Department of Paediatrics, who is also the Nodal Officer of the Anti-ragging Committee. All the Senior Faculty Members, RMO and ARMO who are residing in the Staff quarters within the Campus, are all the Members of the Anti-ragging squad. The squad shall have vigil, oversight and patrolling functions. It shall kept mobile, alert and active at all times and shall be empowered to inspect places of potential ragging and make surprise raids of Hostels and other hot spots.
[wc_tab title=”AWARDABLE PUNISHMENTS“]
The punishment to be meted out has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents. Ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be dealt with sternness.
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending Classes and Academic Privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any Examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.,
- Suspension/Expulsion from the Hostel
- Cancellation of Admission
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution for a specific period.
- Two years imprisonment.
- Fine of Rs.25,000/- to Rs. 2.00 lakhs.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
[wc_tab title=”GENDER HARASSMENT COMMITTEE“]
Committee against Gender Harassment is constituted in line with the directions of the Supreme Court Judgement and as per the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India for effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and more particularly against sexual harassment at the College/Hospital. This committee prevents or deters the commission of acts of sexual harassment and provides procedures for resolution, settlement or prosecution of acts by taking all steps required.
[wc_toggle title=”GENDER HARASSMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS” layout=”box”]
[table id=327 /]
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among Students/Staff.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty.
According to the Supreme Court guidelines Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Showing pornography;
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
Apart from the term mentioned above, the following is also covered by the committee under sexual harassment:
- Eve-teasing; Unsavory remarks;
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment;
- Innuendos and taunts;
- Gender based insults or sexiest remarks;
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like;
- Forcible physical touch or molestation;
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings etc;
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone and the like;
- Physical confinement against one’s will or any other act likely to violate one’s privacy
Procedure for Approaching the Committee:
The Committee deals with issues relating to sexual harassment. Any complaint on discrimination or sexual harassment may be brought to the notice either in person or over phone or through petition either to the Chairperson/Dean or Convenor or to any of the Members of the Committee.
Where such conduct amounts to misconduct; appropriate disciplinary action should be initiated with time bound treatment of complaints.
The complaints will be kept strictly confidential and will be enquired into by the Committee and grievances if any will be redressed forthwith, besides taking proper action against those found guilty.
Where sexual harassment occurs as a result of an act or omission by any third party or outsider, all steps necessary and reasonable will be taken to assist the affected person in terms of support and preventive action.
[wc_tab title=”COLLEGE COUNCIL“]
The college council comprises with the Dean as Chairperson and all HODs, Professors and Associate Professors of Clinical, Para-clinical and Pre- clinical departments as members of the council. Dr.A.Balaji,Professor and Head, Department of Community Medicine functions as Member-Secretary of the College council. The Council normally meets once in two months. The functions of the council are –
- Policy & decision Making
- To organize inter departmental meetings, Clinico pathological meetings including periodical research review.
- To take decision on student welfare measures
- To decide all academic activities
- Enforcement of Discipline